Sunday, October 31, 2010

You've got mail

Yesterday I headed to Michael's with my birthday gift cards in hands.  I've had them for over one whole month...HA!  I knew I was going to use them on some Christmas-y stuff as I had bought lots of Halloween stuff in the last couple of months.  I was browsing along, spotted this and could not leave it.   It was also 30% off...YAY.   Last year in December, Santa's elves started leaving leaving little gifts for J in December at random times.  She loved finding these little treasures and the sparkle in her eyes was pricelss.  So, you can imagine how excited I was when I found this little mailbox complete on a little pole.  This is where the little gifts will be left this year i.e lip gloss, crayons, socks, bath toys.  Of course, it's also where J will write and leave the little notes she writes to santa and the elves. 




When I received the new Scrapbooks Etc, I came across Ali Edward's December Daily's.  It where you document the month of December.  I love this idea and decided I wanted to do this. 

I bought an 8x8 album a few months ago and knew as soon as I saw this project, I would use this album. So last night, I created all the base pages which she recommends you do early.  I plan on keeping it simple with the pictures and documentation as the main focus.  So far for the project I used items on hand - kraft paper, photoshop for the little doodles and calendar, my printer, album and my paper trimmer.  I plan on using my Luxury Kraft gift wrap (Christmas wrapping paper) which I bough a month ago at Costco as my patterned paper.  So far, I don't think I will have to buy anything for this project. Oh wait...maybe some extra ink...hee hee!

Here are a couple of the pages I did last night.  They are really simple but lots of fun to do. I am really looking forward to creating and seeing the end result of the album.




2 comments:

Kimmartha said...

LOVE this idea!! I'm thinking I might have to jump on the band wagon too - and I just happen to have an 8x8 that I can use!

JennC said...

I hope you share yours when its done. : D
I have to finish mine still but you have inspired me to do so. ; 0)