Monday, September 13, 2010

Direction and a post

I have been thinking a lot lately at why I like to blog. What do I want to get out of it long term? What should it mean?

I have been following (blog hopping) quite a bit as I love little glimpses in peoples lives. The post can make you happy, sad, angry and most of all see it through a different set of eyes. These are the emotions you can get from watching a movie or reading a book. I even had tears (and cried) a couple of times reading some entries. They can make you realize that you are normal at times you are not sure. It can be very powerful.

For me, I have no desire to follow a blog that each entry is nothing but negativity. I think it would bring my spirit down pretty quickly. I don't like blogs that attack people, their spouse or their children. I am not talking about not being able to express your frustrations at certain situations. After all, everyone has challenges and frustrations, right?

I don't want to pretend that we don't have mountains of laundry that need to be folded or that the dishes are always done. I don't want the pictures to be always planned. After all, the moments can be lost if we don't embrace them in their true forms. I know that someday Juliana will read this and I want her to see how life was. I hope she enjoys reading it as much as I have writing it.

So....This is the blog I have been following and is probably my fave that I have found so far. You can tell that family is truly important to her and that I like. We share a lot of the same likes - photography, crafts, vintage items and the colour red to name a few. Click here to take a peek. I hope you enjoy it.

For Kim, start with her December entries. I am sure you will be hooked...lol!

******

So here is my first entry caught yesterday morning. As you can see J's hair is not combed but I couldn't pass up on the moment.

Juliana has always loved Harley. Harley has always loved me. Harley isn't so fond of Derek. Harley is finally warming up to Juliana and loves to sleep in her bed during the day. I notice little by little they are spending a little more time together. Yesterday morning (Sunday) she was playing with him by the patio doors with a ribbon. It was so cute and she laughed big belly laughs when he grabbed the ribbon.




No comments: